miércoles, 9 de enero de 2013

ANDY DIGGLE Y SUS BUENAS INTENCIONES PARA SUPERMAN

Tonally, I’m wary of taking Superman himself dark. He’s inherently a bright and optimistic character. I think if you mess with that too much, you’ll break the core concept. I’m known for writing rather dark and cynical stories, which works great when you’re writing a characters like John Constantine or The Losers – I’m just not going to put any of that into Superman himself. I’m pouring all my meanness and cynicism into Lex Luthor and the new villains I’m creating, and then letting Superman react to that.


I think the ultimate definition of heroism is self-sacrifice, and Superman is the exemplar of that. He’s driven by conscience. So no matter how much he does, how hard he strives, he can never rest on his laurels. There’ll always be that nagging doubt at the back of his mind that he could have done more... or should be doing more, right now. He’s pretty tough on himself.

Obviously I’m working in a shared universe so I have to be consistent with the Superman that’s already been established in the New 52. He’s shown himself to be a little more impetuous, a little more punchy than the Superman of yesteryear. A little rougher around the edges. I have big love for the wholesome, squeaky clean “Gosh Lois” Christopher Reeve incarnation, but this is something else.


Superman is the ultimate superhero – the original. And there’s a big spotlight on him right now, what with the 75th anniversary and the new movie coming up this year. So it’s exciting to be a part of that. I just want to respect the history of the character and the amazing roster of talents who have brought his stories to life. I want to build on that pedigree and tell stories with both brains and brawn. “Heart and swagger,” as my writer friend Daragh Carville puts it.

There’s always a balancing act you have to strike when working in a shared universe, between finding your own voice, meshing with the vision of the other writers, and accommodating the wishes of the publishers who own and control the characters. It’s about knowing when to be diplomatic and capitulate, and when to stand your ground. You have to pick your battles.


...Pues como credo sobre el personaje, me parece impecable. Saldrían grandes cómics de aquí si el dibujante fuese un Sprouse o similar.

Con Tony Daniel y la actual directiva, me temo que estas buenas intenciones solo servirán para EMPEDRAR EL VIRTUAL CAMINO AL INFIERNO...

2 comentarios:

Thadeus dijo...

Yo tampoco creo que le dejen hacer gran cosa al pobre...

Anónimo dijo...

Tiene una pinta de que se va a repetir lo vivido por Perez en Superman.