domingo, 14 de febrero de 2016

ROB LIEFELD HABLA SOBRE LA PELI DE DEADPOOL

Things are of a time. Deadpool, 2016 -- it is time. It has been seven months since the last comic book superhero movie, and we have had a decade of really excellent product. 

The furthest out in edginess that the product has gotten is "Guardians of the Galaxy," which was so refreshing. Now, take that kind of risk and put an R rating on it. I think people are going to go nuts.



Obviously, Ryan in costume is breathtaking. You go, "That's my dude!" And now he's a living, breathing version of this character in real life. 


And look, when they decided they were going to put me in a scene, they went to wardrobe and gave me a flannel shirt. I'm literally dressed as Rob Liefeld -- I just don't have a hoodie.



Marvel called me and said, "Rob, we want you to do a prestige Deadpool product for us." And of course I said, "Why?" because I always say, "Why?" And they said, "The timing couldn't be better." 

And here's the deal: I sat there and said, "You know what, I did these characters for two years, went and did Image, came back, did covers..." We were rivals then, but Cable's not my rival -- Cable's my baby. Deadpool's my baby.



My thing is, I think about dying all the time, like, in the worst way. I'm not scared of dying. I tell my kids, "I want you to know, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. If I die, I lived a great life, don't be sad for me. I had a fantastic life." 

But you go, "How many more times am I going to be able to revisit Deadpool?" And you go, "I'm healthy, I can do this." They are giving me a chance to revisit Deadpool, which is a chance to revisit the entire X-Force, because they are all in there. It's Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Shatterstar. And they are letting me tell a fresh story that I've always wanted to tell.

1 comentario:

Alonso Rafael Lizaraz Sánchez dijo...

Por cierto, por ahí anunciaron que hay intenciones de hacer la peli de Prophet lo cual me parece genial! aunque no es precisamente el dibujado por Liefeld mi favorito.