viernes, 5 de febrero de 2016

ELODIE YUNG HABLA SOBRE SU ELEKTRA

"After I had five or six rounds of auditions .

I had two great scenes to read. I didn’t even know it was for 'Daredevil.' 

Everything is so top secret. So, I just had two great scenes to prepare for the audition, and I was very excited just to go in the room and do that. And then, I had to meet them, over and over and over again. 



Every time, they would give me notes and I would learn a little bit more about who this girl was without knowing it was for Elektra. 

Without knowing who she was, you could go many ways in the scenes. I probably kept doing something that was closer to who I am because if you don’t know, you should just go with who you are and enjoy yourself. 




I wouldn’t say that I’m nice, but I’m nicer than Elektra, so I wanted to know what they wanted. 

Jeph was like, 'No, she’s not a nice girl. Just keep the nice girl in the closet.' At the last audition with Charlie [Cox], I knew it was for Elektra. 

Luckily, I was a big fan of the series. I’ve never read any comics, so I’m not very familiar with all of that. But as soon as I knew, I had watched the series, so I was good for that.



 They used me if I knew Elektra and the comics, and I was like, 'No, not really.' 

You have to be honest. So, I started discovering this amazing world. 

I found a really old copy of 'Elektra: Assassin,' which was the first thing that I read. 

When you read the first issue, you don’t understand anything. It is very complex and very dark. I was excited."




"For accents I always work with a coach. That’s just a personal thing that I like to do. During interviews, you’ll hear more of my accent and I’ll stress the wrong words. There are little things that I would do like a French girl. 

For Elektra, I just wanted to be very clear. She’s traveled the world. She didn’t go to boarding school, but that’s the type of girl that she’d be. 

So, I just wanted to make sure that I could bring that to her, which goes through the language."

No hay comentarios: