miércoles, 5 de noviembre de 2014

BRYAN HITCH PLANEA ALEJARSE DE LOS SUPERHÉROES

I’ve just fully written an eight-issue thing I’m drawing next, and then I have a project with Mark Millar, something we’ve been aiming at for a while now. I have too many stories to tell that I couldn’t possibly draw them all myself, but then who do I persuade to draw them? I might be terribly fussy and micromanage everything! Then again, there’s a list of guys who I know I’d love to write a story for so I’m never saying “never.” Let’s see how it works out. As long as it seems like a fun thing to do and we’d all be able to make a living out of it, I’m game!


As for the next project being my last word in superheroes, then yeah, it feels organically like it’s time for some new horizons. I’ve done so much work in the genre and I don’t want to feel like I’m repeating myself. I would probably have moved on after Real Heroes but something came up that was too good not to do and so that next thing has become my last word. It’s not that I want to do a four-issue series about a guy making shapes with cigarette smoke, I still want to do big-scale, high-concept stuff but I’ve probably done all I can do with straight super hero stuff. You’ll all be getting bored with me.


3 comentarios:

Ari dijo...

Teniendo en cuenta lo mucho que ha bajado de nivel en sus últimos trabajos, yo diría que el cómic de superhéroes sale ganando...

Anónimo dijo...

Ari,

¿No piensas que Hitch está muy, muy, muy por encima de la media de dibujantes de superhéroes incluso en sus últimos trabajos?

Almanzor

Ulex dijo...

Ese es el problema de un Hitch, un Davis, un Pérez, o un Byrne.
Pueden dibujar con desgana, la mano zurda, una resaca del demonio y usando plastidecores rosas y, aun así, seguir muy por encima de esa media.