jueves, 2 de febrero de 2017

KONG: SKULL ISLAND HOMENAJEA A APOCALYPSE NOW

"¡El Horror, el Horror...!"

Siguen unas declaraciones del director:


“If you stand in front of a 25-foot gorilla you’re gonna think, ‘That’s a really big gorilla”. If you stand in front of a 100-foot-tall bipedal ape with a sense of nobility to it, I want your brain to say, ‘The only way I reconcile this is to say that’s a god. 

That’s something primordial that’s bigger than me. That’s something I can’t possibly understand. I am being confronted directly with myth. I’m looking at myth.'”


One of the things that got us really excited about Jordan’s take was as we were working toward grounding Kong, in a similar way as we aspired to with Godzilla, Jordan came in with this idea of setting this at the dawn of the Landsat program. The Landsat program is a real program that was formed to start utilizing satellites to map the surface of the earth.

It’s the first time we ever did that, and in that mapping, they discover this previously uncharted island, that is surrounded by weather patterns, storm systems. It’s incredibly difficult to reach and incredibly difficult to even ascertain its existence, because of these storm systems and weather abnormalities and all of that. So, it’s an entirely unique ecosystem.


“If Kong is the god of this island, we wanted each of the creatures to feel like individual gods of their own domain. Miyazaki[‘s] Princess Mononoke was actually a big reference in the way that the spirit creatures sort of have their own domains and fit within that. So a big thing [was] trying to design creatures that felt realistic and could exist in an ecosystem that feels sort of wild and out there, and then also design things that simultaneously felt beautiful and horrifying at the same time. 

Where if you look at this giant spider or this water buffalo, you stare at it and part of you says, ‘That’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen!’ and [another part says], ’Oh my God that’s gonna kill me right now and I need to run for my life!’”

No hay comentarios: