sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014

CAMERON STEWART, DISEÑADOR DEL EL NUEVO TRAJE DE BATGIRL

"I wanted something that looked like something that a 21-year old, if given the option, would put together for herself. I wanted something contemporary and fashionable, and one of things that I kept on seeing was leggings and Doc Martens. I already knew that Doc Martens made a yellow patent leather boot because I've see it before. And it just fit in. Yellow is part of Batgirl's color scheme, and it just felt like a natural fit.

As soon as the idea came into my head, I thought it was better than giving her the typical knee-high superhero boots. I definitely didn't want to use knee-high stiletto boots, because I think those always look vaguely ridiculous as a superhero costume."



"I knew that I wanted to do a practical boot, which is something that dates back to Darwyn Cooke's redesign of Catwoman. Darwyn took away the stiletto heels and gave her engineer boots or motorcycle boots. It was such a great idea, I wanted to steal it.

When I saw that the Doc Martens actually already existed as a yellow boot, it seemed like a no-brainer. It's something in the real world, and it's already a fashion item."

1 comentario:

herb_b dijo...

Que gran diseño es... dan ganas de leerse los comics solo con verlo, y no me pasa mucho con los titulos DC ultimamente.